Welcome to Evesham MUA
The Authority was first established as the Evesham Sewerage Authority on April 7, 1955 and reorganized on March 3, 1959 as The Evesham Municipal Utilities Authority, by ordinance of the governing body of the Township of Evesham. Today, the Authority services over 18,000 equivalent dwelling units which represents 96% of the Township’s estimated 2000 population of 47,596. The Authority is a public entity, which is funded by revenues derived from water and wastewater operations. The Authority does not receive any municipal or state tax revenues.
The Authority Board of Commissioners consists of five members and two alternate members. The members are appointed by resolution of the governing body of the Township of Evesham for five year terms, expiring on January 31, in the fifth year next ensuing after the date of appointment. The alternate members are also appointed to the Authority by resolution of the governing body of the Township of Evesham and their current terms expire on the fourth or fifth January 31, next ensuing after the date of appointment. Each member and alternate member holds office for the term for which he or she was appointed and until his or her successor has been appointed and has qualified. Daily operations are managed by the Executive Director.